Features & Suggestions / Welcome to the new Nefsis forums!
<< <
1 2
> >>
Reply to this Thread
10/28/2008 8:53:29 AM Reply with Quote

Please feel free to post your suggestions and feature requests here.

11/17/2008 1:43:45 AM Reply with Quote

Hi, I could not hear the voice of host from the participents. Can you help me

11/18/2008 1:43:30 PM / Edited 11/18/2008 1:47:02 PM by Matt Reply with Quote

It's possible that:

1) The host did not have their audio un-muted...
The host can unmute their audio by right-clicking on their name (in the user-list) and selecting Unmute.

2) Push-To-Talk (a bit like a walkie-talkie) is enabled...
By default, Push-To-Talk could be enabled for your Nefsis meeting.
Try pressing (and holding down) the "Push-To-Talk" button at the top of the user-list while speaking.

In either case, you should see the person's name in the user-list highlight green when their talking.

Hope this helps.

12/15/2008 12:34:12 PM Reply with Quote

It would be nice if you could use a wireless presenter to control advancing the Power Point slides.

1/12/2009 2:04:34 PM Reply with Quote

Doug,

Could you give us the manufacturer and model number of the device? The Nefsis client responds to left and right arrow input for changing slides in a presentation or document share, so if the device replicates this input or the device configuration software allows you to configure button presses to keyboard input this should be possible.

1/15/2009 1:30:09 PM Reply with Quote

I have the Versapoint Communicator by Interlink Electronics. This comes with the keyboard, mouse, and wireless presenter. Thanks.

EVF

5/6/2009 11:17:34 AM Reply with Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt 
It's possible that: 1) The host did not have their audio un-muted... The host can unmute their audio by right-clicking on their name (in the user-list) and selecting Unmute. 2) Push-To-Talk (a bit like a walkie-talkie) is enabled... By default, Push-To-Talk could be enabled for your Nefsis meeting. Try pressing (and holding down) the "Push-To-Talk" button at the top of the user-list while speaking. In either case, you should see the person's name in the user-list highlight green when their talking. Hope this helps.

Ron

10/13/2009 8:36:35 AM Reply with Quote

I'm trying to use a master Que slide advance system to control slides remotely in a conference room with Nefsis. I read in a previous post that the left right arrow keys are the key strokes that advance the slides. I can't seem to get the arrow keys to change the slides on the computer I'm using.

Is there a setting I have to change to enable that keystroke to react to the arrow key input? I can code my master que for that keystroke, but need to see it work on the keyboard 1st.

Please advise.

Ron

10/13/2009 2:22:15 PM Reply with Quote

Make sure that the shared PowerPoint presentation has input focus (click the left mouse button on the slide visible in the shared region of Nefsis). Within the conferencing client, the arrow key function is based on the context of the window with input focus. Put simply: the action a key press initiates is based on what you are doing at the time.

Consider a situation where you share a PowerPoint presentation, then you share your desktop or an application. During the course of the desktop share, you press the right or left arrow to navigate or perform some action. It would be frustrating to you as the user if suddenly these buttons did not work as expected in the current context, but rather they change the slide of a PowerPoint thats not currently being viewed.

Does that clear things up?

Ron

10/14/2009 8:35:34 AM Reply with Quote

I understand. Thanks for the explanation. The Master Cue slide advance works perfectly without any re-programming.

<< <
1 2
> >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)