General Discussion / "Unknown Error (Capture)" with Webcams
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
1/29/2009 4:27:13 AM Reply with Quote

Is there a log file that would contain information about runtime environment errors? The error "Unknown Error (Capture)" appears in the bottom left of the status bar when I enter a meeting room.

I happen to be receiving this error using either of two different webcams (Cisco VT II and Logitech Pro For Notebooks).

1/29/2009 6:23:54 AM Reply with Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob T 
Is there a log file that would contain information about runtime environment errors? The error "Unknown Error (Capture)" appears in the bottom left of the status bar when I enter a meeting room. I happen to be receiving this error using either of two different webcams (Cisco VT II and Logitech Pro For Notebooks).

The same happens to me. I use Logitech Pro For Notebooks (P/N 860-000026).
Also there is no sound - neither incoming nor outgoing.
But the same webcam works perfectly with newest Skype.
OS is MS Windows XP SP3.

1/29/2009 4:44:30 PM / Edited 1/29/2009 4:45:24 PM by Scott @ WiredRed Reply with Quote
Nefsis Info Request.txt 

Any exceptions trapped by the conferencing client are written to the CC.log file. The location of this file varies depending on the operating system:

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\WiredRed
XP and 2000: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\WiredRed

I have attached a document to this post that explains how to obtain diagnostic information from your machine that we can use to troubleshoot this issue. Please follow the instructions in the document and submit the information to [email protected].

1/30/2009 12:28:16 AM / Edited 1/30/2009 12:56:02 AM by Rytisas Reply with Quote

Scott, I've found this file dated January 29 (yesterday). But the same errors I got today also and there is no new additions to CC_log file...
Anyway. Seems I've solved this problem myself just could not find a person whom to talk to test it :)))
I've found new Logitech driver on their website (named qc1180.exe; was installed qc1150.exe and not updated).
After uninstalling old and installing new drivers I've found possibility to enable my video in Nefsis settings :)))
Anyway I've sent all the files you asked for to customercare for your troubleshooting.

2/6/2009 11:31:09 AM Reply with Quote

The same error again!
When I go to my Meeting room everything is nice. But if i was invited to someone's room i get the same error and no video to send.
Receiving is OK. Audio is OK both ways.

2/10/2009 11:07:39 AM Reply with Quote

Please confirm that the correct capture device is selected in your client options.

1. Click on the application button (green 'N').
2. Click on the Settings button.
3. Click on Video.
4. Select the correct camera or capture card from the Capture Device combo box.
5. Click OK.

2/13/2009 11:36:40 AM Reply with Quote

Follow-up...

The Google Chat application turned out to be the process that was "hogging" the webcam for me. The DirectShow diagnostic tool (dxdiag) referenced in this thread led me to this. Upon reviewing the output (way down toward the bottom) I could see a reference to this application. Google Chat has an integrated video capability that was grabbing the webcam during the computer startup.

The summary of logging and diagnostic info/tools (attached in this thread) was very helpful - Thanks Scott!

2/13/2009 3:30:19 PM Reply with Quote

That will certainly cause capture issues. If another application has initialized the camera, our client will not be able to utilize it. This limitation is not something we can work around in our software.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)