General Discussion / NEFSIS silent install
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
6/24/2009 1:06:05 AM Reply with Quote

The Subject really says it all, Is the a silent install switch for the conference centre software? I have tried all of the "normal" ones but none of them seem to work?

Thanks

6/24/2009 8:22:25 AM Reply with Quote

The /SILENT and /VERYSILENT switches are supported. /SILENT will show a progress indicator while /VERYSILENT completely hides any visual components from the user.

6/25/2009 12:42:58 AM Reply with Quote

Thanks Scott,

A little Feed back on the /VERYSILENT switch it isn't very silent :-) .

First it errored that Outlook needed to be closed (which i was expecting but would have prefered just an error in the event log)

Then once installed it immediately launches with the create user / login page this would be better on first use of the nefsis application.

Think i will stick with the web activeX client for now as the users have essentially been using this with EPOP anyway.

Wes

6/30/2009 2:00:46 PM Reply with Quote

We're modifying the installer so that when used with the /SILENT switch it will not launch the add account/login window. This will be a part of the next update.

7/12/2010 9:12:23 AM Reply with Quote

Any hope of a MSI installer anytime soon?

7/27/2010 1:41:53 AM Reply with Quote

MSI installers are available for the Conferencing Client, Contact List (tray icon) and web browser add-ons.

I'd recommend dropping an email to customercare@nefsis.com or your account manager. They should be able to provide you with a link to the relevant resources.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)