General Discussion / Static/Unscheduled conference
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
9/7/2009 10:14:54 PM / Edited 9/7/2009 10:15:22 PM by RowdyB Reply with Quote

I previously used EPOP, and set up a single conference link which was valid all the time. I used this for a weekly meeting, and for "Quick" meetings. I set it up once, and I or anyone else in my department used it whenever they wanted. Our "weekly" meetings are not always held at the same time or day, so this one link worked very well for we wanted to do.

How can I do this in Nefsis?

From what I have seen, it appears that you must either schedule each conference or create a "Quick" conference every time you want to have a meeting. Is that correct?

9/9/2009 7:52:29 AM / Edited 9/9/2009 9:26:51 AM by Matt Reply with Quote

Hi RowdyB,

Nefsis will create a "personal meeting room" for you, the very first time you logged in.
Via the Contact List (which can be opened via the green "n" tray icon), you should be able to click on the "Start" tab towards the top.
From here, you can easily enter your personal meeting room, which will always be available for use and won't expire.

You can then invite other colleagues into the same conference whenever required. More info can be found here.

As you've found out, you can of course create additional "conference rooms" - either "Quick" or "ad-hoc" meetings (which delete themselves after use) or "scheduled" conferences which start at certain time.

Please post back if I've misunderstood or if you have any further queries :)

9/10/2009 9:39:22 PM Reply with Quote

Additional conferences created by a user beyond the default personal meeting room have options regarding expiration of that conference. By default, conferences will end and be removed from Nefsis 1 hour after the conference starts and is available for users to join. If a conference is set to expire 1 hour after it begins, but at that 1 hour mark there are still users in the conference, Nefsis will allow the meeting to continue until everyone has left. 15 minutes after the last user has left, the conference will be deleted and removed from Nefsis. The owner of the conference has the ability to modify this setting or to completely disable conference expiration. If conference expiration is disabled, then conferences will function identically to e/pop conferences in that the owner or a Host in the conference would have to manually end the meeting.

9/21/2009 7:19:55 PM Reply with Quote

Thanks for the replies.

I have three permanent conferences that I want to have open at all times, and allow any users to join.

Can I do this?

Rowdy

9/21/2009 7:32:39 PM Reply with Quote

OK - I think I've got it figured out now.

I've first got to click Schedule, and then on the Schedule Conference dialog, on the "Schedule" tab, I select "Starts now" and clear (unselect) the "Automatically end the conference" checkbox. I was confused when I had to use an option called "Schedule" for something that I did not want to schedule.

Personally, I cannot say that I would ever want to only invite a select group of users, or need to schedule a conference to start and/or end at a specific time. The only feature that would help is to have a scheduled conference at a recurring time each week/month.

For me, the usability of the software could be improved by adding a "Permanent Conference" option alongside "Schedule" or "Quick Conference".

9/28/2009 8:06:48 AM Reply with Quote

The only truly permanent conference within Nefsis will be the conference set as your personal meeting room. The personal meeting room is immutable and cannot be deleted from Nefsis.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)