Bug Reports / Forgotten password
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
1/29/2009 7:23:20 AM Reply with Quote

I have told Nefsis to remenber my password but forgot it.
But it's needed when logging onto Nefsis Forums.
When logging to the forums your pasword reminder does not work (Forgot Password? button). Hitting the link just refreshes window...

Also if i try to use Forgot your password? link on the Nefsis application logon sreen ussualy i get "Password reset failed" info window. There is also said "Press OK to continue. Communication error".
While at the same time communication (internet) works perfectly. I COULD log-on to Nefsis, go to "Change password" section and change it :)))

1/29/2009 2:06:57 PM Reply with Quote

Thank you for the report, I'll forward it on to see what can be done about it.

Regarding the 'Forgot your password?' link on the client logon screen, the client will attempt to post a command to the Nefsis cloud to send the password reset instructions to the email address specified. If you are still able to log into the Nefsis client, please do the following:

1. Log into the Nefsis client.
2. Click on the Nefsis application button (green 'N' in the upper left hand corner.)
3. Click on the Settings button.
4. Under the General settings, check the box labeled 'XML Logging'.
5. Click OK.
6. Log out and Exit the Nefsis client.
7. Start the Nefsis client and go to the Login dialog.
8. Click on the 'Forgot your password?' link again.
9. Type in the email address of the account which needs a password reset (this email address MUST match an existing account in Nefsis).
10. Click the OK button.

If the communication error prompt appears the result code should be contained in an XML log file. The location of this log file depends on the Windows version.

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\WiredRed
XP and 2000: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\WiredRed

The filename is PC_xml.log

Please send a copy of this file to customercare@nefsis.com

1/30/2009 12:05:33 AM Reply with Quote

Scott, communication error prompt still appears so I've sent PC_xml.log to customercare.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)