General Discussion / Share Document Issue
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
2/15/2012 9:57:32 PM Reply with Quote

When I try to share a document, it begins to share the document and actually starts the application. But, the pop-up message "Preparing document, please wait" never goes away and nothing further happens. I actually waited about 20 minutes the first time this happened. I can do other things within the conference, but the only way to get the pop-up to go away is to Leave or End the conference. The Nefsis printer appears to be installed correctly and is in the Administrators group. I am running as Host on an older (7+ years) Dell desktop with 2GB of RAM running Windows XP.

Although I have been able to get this feature to work on a newer (2+ years) Acer laptop running Windows 7, it seems to take a while to bring up shared documents on that machine the first time. There are many advantages to being Host on the desktop PC, but I can work (for now) from the laptop.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2/16/2012 7:27:15 AM Reply with Quote
Purge Nefsis.txt 

Quote:
Originally posted by Ed Lazarowitz 
When I try to share a document, it begins to share the document and actually starts the application. But, the pop-up message "Preparing document, please wait" never goes away and nothing further happens. I actually waited about 20 minutes the first time this happened. I can do other things within the conference, but the only way to get the pop-up to go away is to Leave or End the conference. The Nefsis printer appears to be installed correctly and is in the Administrators group. I am running as Host on an older (7+ years) Dell desktop with 2GB of RAM running Windows XP. Although I have been able to get this feature to work on a newer (2+ years) Acer laptop running Windows 7, it seems to take a while to bring up shared documents on that machine the first time. There are many advantages to being Host on the desktop PC, but I can work (for now) from the laptop. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Try removing Nefsis from the system and then install with admin rights. Then join a meeting as an administrator and share a document.

If that does not work, let us know.

A purge Nefsis document is attached.

2/16/2012 7:36:04 AM / Edited 2/16/2012 7:37:27 AM by Ed Lazarowitz Reply with Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Nefsis Customer Care 
Try removing Nefsis from the system and then install with admin rights. Then join a meeting as an administrator and share a document.
Do you mean install from an account that is defined as a local administrator? If so, that's how it was originally installed.

2/16/2012 7:49:29 AM Reply with Quote

Quote:
Try removing Nefsis from the system... A purge Nefsis document is attached. "Browse to C:\Program Files\Wiredred and run the file 'unins000.exe' [C:\Program Files (x86) for Vista and above systems]"
There is no file named 'unins000.exe' in that folder. There are two sub-folders and a program named 'nelevator.exe' in there.

2/28/2012 7:16:36 AM Reply with Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Try removing Nefsis from the system... A purge Nefsis document is attached. "Browse to C:\Program Files\Wiredred and run the file 'unins000.exe' [C:\Program Files (x86) for Vista and above systems]"
There is no file named 'unins000.exe' in that folder. There are two sub-folders and a program named 'nelevator.exe' in there.

If they are not there just continue on with the instructions.

3/1/2012 6:25:50 PM Reply with Quote

The ultimate resolution was to delete the Nefsis printer and allow the system to reinstall it. Thanks to Leo Perez for finding this.

3/5/2012 7:26:08 AM Reply with Quote

Quote:
The ultimate resolution was to delete the Nefsis printer and allow the system to reinstall it. Thanks to Leo Perez for finding this.

That is the final step in the purge Nefsis document.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)