Bug Reports / How to update Nefsis without PowerUser or Admin Privileges
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
12/14/2009 12:54:19 PM Reply with Quote

Can anyone tell me which folders, regkeys and et-cetera I have to open up so that Nefsus will complete an update from within an ordinary, unprivileged, user account?

I can't allow my users to have PowerUser or Admin privileges.

Thanks,
-Dave

12/16/2009 7:46:57 AM Reply with Quote

We're working to put together MSI packages for the various Nefsis components that administrators may push out to users via Group Policy or the System Center Configuration Manager. These should be available soon.

12/28/2009 9:36:49 PM Reply with Quote

No, I wasn't asking about pushing updates through Windows domain policies.
I need to adjust the file system permissions to allow unprivileged users to update nefsis.
Are you saying this is impossible? If so then why?

-Dave

1/6/2010 9:20:27 AM Reply with Quote

We would need more information such as which component your users need to update, such as the contact list manager (PC.exe), the conferencing client (CC.exe), the ActiveX browser control (LoaderIE.ocx). We would also need to know which operating systems and browsers you are managing.

We make every effort to allow even standard user accounts to join a conference using the automated installer logic. In order to accomplish this, the installers go through several steps to find an available, accessible location in which to install the components.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)