General Discussion / Process generated by Nefsis launch
<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread
1/11/2010 12:08:20 PM Reply with Quote

Hi Guys,
I have to understand the process PC.exe which pops up in task manager whenever i launch Nefsis. Can any body explain what is PC.exe process and relates to what and how is that effecting the system and why am i seeing the PC.exe process. Appreciate the support on this issue.

Thanks
kumar

1/11/2010 12:35:54 PM Reply with Quote

PC.exe is the Nefsis contact list manager client which runs in the taskbar notification area (or system tray, next to the clock.)

This is the client application which provides messaging, invitation and conference management features. The actual conferencing client will appear as CC.exe in the process list.

1/14/2010 9:42:11 AM Reply with Quote

Thanks Scott. I have one more question, when i was going through the dll files, i can see cdd.dll. Is the dll file is related to NEFSIS application or it is regular windows .ddl file which is cdd.dll(canonical driver display). can you give me an idea what is that which will give me an idea about the app NEFSIS.

Thanks
kumar

1/14/2010 10:12:27 AM Reply with Quote

Forgot to say you that cdd.dll is related to CC.exe which is NEFSIS Application process. I was curious to now what is cdd.dll . Is that canonical display driver or it means something else.

1/15/2010 8:52:46 AM Reply with Quote

This is a system library and not a file distributed with Nefsis. Are you having an issue related to this file?

1/15/2010 8:58:18 PM Reply with Quote

Yes, i am seeing this module i mean cdd.dll file under CC.exe which is a nefsis application process. As you said, if it is a windows process or module then why am i seeing under CC.exe...if you say it is strictly windows process then it should be related to direct show because Nefsis totally uses direct show concept

1/19/2010 12:01:45 AM Reply with Quote

This is partially correct. We use DirectShow for video capture, but GDI is still used in other components. For example, we use GDI for PowerPoint shares.

<< < > >>
Reply to this Thread

NEED HELP?

Europe:   +44 (0) 870 224 0415  (09:00 to 17:30 weekdays, GMT)